Days Inn Hotel Gretna Green
Adjacent to Starbucks, Days Inn Gretna Green is close to the M74 and M6 motorways, and within easy reach of Carlisle. It has unlimited free Wi-Fi and free parking.Newcastle-upon-Tyne and County Durham are about 1 hour from the hotel. The famous wedding village of Gretna Green is close by.Tasteful rooms with attached bathroom include a flat-screen TV with Freeview channels, a free hot drinks tray and newspaper. A hairdryer and a trouser press are also available.Local attractions such as The Old Blacksmiths Shop, Gretna Green, Carlisle Castle, Carlisle Cathedral and Solway Coast are all close by.
- Cheap ,functional, in motorway services. Had fish and chips from in town good
- Good accomodations and value for a one night stop over.
- Very handy location, comfy bed, good shower, dog friendly and extremely reasonably priced.
- Very friendly staff on reception. Room very clean and bed extremely comfortable.
- Great friendly staff, good value and clean. Complimentary milky way was a nice touch!
The Gables Hotel
The Grade II-listed Gables Hotel is located in the heart of Gretna. With its beautiful gardens, the family-owned Gables offers free WiFi and free on-site parking.The hotel’s restaurant has earned a reputation for fine, traditional Scottish food, and it offers a varied à la carte menu, as well as a carefully selected wine list. For a less formal setting, the cozy lounge bar offers home-cooked bar meals.It is only a mile from the M(A)74, M6 and A75, giving easy access to Glasgow, Dumfries & Carlisle. Guests can explore Galloway with its forests and lochs, or historic Carlisle and the northern lakes.Designer shopping at the Gretna Gateway is just 5 minutes away, and if horse racing is your sport, Carlisle Race Course is a short drive away.Golf, fishing, horse riding, clay pigeon shooting and quad biking are among the many activities available.
- The staff extremely helpful, and accommodating. Much appreciated. A window that opened!!!I arrived exhausted, and left very refreshed.
- The staff were lovely and the food was great. The room was cosy and comfortable. The package was extremely good value.
- They provided a nice full breakfast, room size was good and had good covid measure in place. Free wifi was extra bonusWould go again
- looked after by the staff,allowed into our rooms early,quality breakfast,great service.rooms just right.quality steak dinner on the evening.Really nice place,would have no hesitation in going their again.
- Nice room decor and good size. No hair dryer in room but had my own with me. Helpful staff.
Solway Lodge Hotel
One of our best sellers in Gretna Green! This family-run hotel in the center of Gretna offers a warm welcome in homey surroundings. It is near to Gretna Register Office, Anvil Hall and the famous blacksmith’s shop.Solway Lodge Hotel is ideal for weddings, receptions, conferences and getaways and is 5 minutes from the freeway.Use the hotel as a base for touring Dumfries and Galloway, and for walking, biking and visiting the stunning coast or Galloway Forest Park.
- room lovely and warm first snow of 2020 whilst I stayed. Cracking breakfast.
- The location is very good as were the staff and we would certainly use it again.
- Great serviceGreat teamGreat host GaryWill 100 be back if in the area
- The breakfasts were delicious and included in the price, with a good range of cereals, juices, cooked food, and an abundance of highquality condiments, plus good tea and coffee. The bedroom was extremely comfortable and had a working window I hate unusable windows in hotels and contained a surprisingly luxurious bed with several pillows, an extra blanket, and clean, fresh sheets. The heating in the room was very efficient, and the dcor was lovely. We had plenty of tea, coffee, linens, and toiletries, and the staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is probably a 10minute walk from Gretna Gateway the local outlet mall and was located very conveniently.
- The staff, everyone of them were amazing and did everything to make us feel very welcome with great customer service but also friendly and in a very relaxed atmosphere.Solway lodge ia also very central for shopping outlets and wedding venues nearby
The Mill Forge
On the outskirts of Gretna Green, The Mill Forge offers luxurious accommodations in southern Scotland. Its 18th-century buildings are surrounded by beautiful grounds, and this popular wedding venue has a restaurant, bar and free parking and Wi-Fi.Each room at The Mill Forge has private bathroom facilities with shower and complementary toiletries. There is a flat-screen TV, hairdryer and tea and coffee facilities in all rooms, which have their own private entrances around a courtyard.Its elegant suites feature a four-poster bed and balcony whirlpool bath, with beautiful views of the countryside.Just over the England/Scotland border, Gretna Green is less than 20 minutes’ drive from Carlisle, and around 45 minutes north of the Lake District. Dumfries and Northumberland’s Kielder Forest Park are around 35 minutes away.
- Homely, nicely laid out accommodation with nice restaurant and bar area.
- Very beautiful place..staff was really friendly and catered to our every need..stunning rooms, very spacious and stunning surroundings…will definitely go back
- Bedroom comfortable and roomy, breakfast excellent, service exceptional
- Location, easy to get to. Very quaint, clean, fab pillows and.quilts, comfortable. Lovely gardens, Quiet, great food, lovely staff I could go on!!!
- Absolutely fabulous venue could not fault it in any way.
Gretna Hall Hotel
Located on 10 acres of landscaped gardens within the village of Gretna Green, a 2-minute walk from Gretna Green Rail Station, the 18th century Gretna Hall manor offers both traditional and modern rooms with attached bathroom and free parking.Full of history, Gretna Hall was built in 1710 and is next to the Blacksmith’s Courtyard where many marriages are held. The rooms at Gretna Hall Hotel feature tea/coffee facilities, a TV and free toiletries.The Gretna lounge bar serves hot and cold meals throughout the day, and Anvil restaurant offers an a la carte menu in the evenings.Edinburgh is less than a 1-hour train journey and the hotel has easy access to the M6/M74.
- I liked the location and the staff and breakfast was good.
- The whole place awesome. Breakfast deal superb. We will be back
- stayed at this hotel several times as always good service from friendly staff . plenty of choice at breakfast even when busy .
- The breakfast was impressive with every option covered
- evening meals were very good. comfy beds and room was peaceful.
Greens at Gretna
Greens at Gretna is surrounded by Japanese water gardens, and is located just off the M6 motorway. There is free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, and space for free parking on site.Food is homemade, and a full Scottish breakfast is provided. Guests can also relax with a drink in the lounge.The spacious rooms at Greens at Gretna are elegant, with traditional furnishings. Each comes with satellite TV, a hairdryer, and facilities for making tea and coffee.Gretna is near the Anglo-Scottish border, and Carlisle is a 15-minute drive from the building. Northumberland National Park is around 25 miles away.
- Great location, amazing price on the very large room. Staff were just really amazing. Genuinely helpful and nice. Comfy bed. Great bar area and the wine by the glass was ok too!
- Everything was great. The bed mattress looked a bit sagged but it slept well and was comfortable. The room was very large and convenient. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.
- The best breakfast we had in two weeks of traveling all over Scotland
- This was a hotel ideally located. Staff were welcoming and professional. Food was good quality, presented well. Overall this was excellent value for money
- This was a last minute romantic getaway and we had a lovely time! The bed was so very comfortable! And admist a stressful time the staff were lovely and kind. The room was very clean, cosy and warm and facilities were as expected or more so for what we paid. We didnt make it to breakfast so cant comment there but room service was timely. We were also a little sad about not having giant cookies but they substituted with the tastiest brownies! And then very kindly made some different cookie type food alongside on the house. It was really lovely staying here, and exceptional value for money! Well be coming back!
Hunters Lodge Hotel
Located in Gretna, a town historically linked to weddings, Hunters Lodge Hotel is the nearest hotel to the popular Gretna Registration Office. It is just 5 minutes’ drive from the famous Old Blacksmith’s Shop. It offers a bar, a restaurant, free onsite parking, and free Wi-Fi in public areas.The traditionally designed rooms at Hunters Lodge Hotel each include an en suite shower room with a hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities, and a TV.In the evenings, guests can relax in the lounge bar and enjoy a range of traditional malt whiskeys. The restaurant serves an extensive, home-cooked menu that is available to all guests daily. Booking is recommended to avoid disappointment.Surrounded by many attractions, Drummuir Farm Ice Cream Parlor is 19 miles from the hotel. Gretna Gateway Outlet Village is also less than a 2-minute drive away.
- Helpful staff. Good location and clean room. Had a comfortable stay.
- I think this was the largest hotel room we had during our entire trip around the UK. Staff was very warm and welcoming. Couldnt ask for a better greeting after a long drive. Good location for us, as we were mainly there to visit the blacksmiths shop!
- The proprietor went the extra mile to help me learn a bit more about the area, which meant a lot to me as a student. She was especially generous with her time and attention. The lodging was great very comfortable and across the road from a park where tons of kids were playing all day. That fact made me feel very safe while staying at the Hunters Lodge.
- Excellent experience with exceptionally good food, friendly and informative.Would have no hesitation to rebook when in the general area.All aspects of coronavirus safety were carried out and met in full making our stay as safe and incident free as possible.
- Lovely hotel, the staff were very friendly and very helpful and the breakfast was really good. No complaints.
Smiths At Gretna Green Hotel
One of our top picks in Gretna Green. All bedrooms have king or super king beds, contemporary fireplaces, broadband and a great deal more.Located right next to the world famous Old Blacksmith’s Shop, you too can become part of an unbroken thread of romantic history spanning over 250 years.The new, exciting Smiths at Gretna Green embraces both tradition and modern day comforts with inspirational design, set against a traditional backdrop. Enjoy a blend of professional, relaxed hospitality, along with 1st class facilities.
- The location was fine. Great shopping opportunities near by but the next nearest town with more amenities were a car ride away. But granted , not that far. We were there to experience a Gretna Green wedding and it met our expectations. There would be little else in the area but many choices driving distance to visit.The hotel itself is very close the the highway but you couldnt hear any traffic inside!
- Room was very spacious, clean and very good value for the money. On arrival the receptionist was lovely and checked us in very quickly and very efficient.
- Absolutely thrilled that we chose to stay at Smiths. We upgraded to a suite. It was large and spacious and yet very cozy and romantic. The restaurantt has a great menu. The food was very good at all of our meals.
- Superb room and style, and the food was great too.
- The room was amazing! Large room, comfortable bed.
Prince Charlie’s Cottage
Set in the heart of Gretna Green, opposite Gretna Green Rail Station, Prince Charlie’s Cottage is a family-run bed and breakfast has individually decorated bedrooms and free Wi-Fi.All small and cozy rooms are at ground floor level and each has private bathroom facilities. Other features include a TV, ironing facilities and tea/coffee making facilities.In the morning, guests can enjoy a cooked breakfast as well as continental options including cereals.Carlisle is just over 20 minutes’ drive from the Prince Charlie and Dumfries just over 30 minutes’ drive away. There is ample free parking at the property.
- Clean and tidy. Very welcoming owner.Excelkent breakfast.
- Was quite small and homely, rooms were very clean and overall lovely to stay in. Breakfast was lovely and cooked exactly how we asked. The woman who ran the hotel was absolutely spot on and Id definitely book this again.
- Lovely, clean, ideal location.Welcoming, friendly host.
- The breakfast was excellent. The location for my needs for excellent it was not far from the motorway. I was very pleased with the room and it was very clean, and very quiet. There was also a kettle with tea and coffee provided. I will stay again if I am in the area.
- Lovely service. Lady who own property is a dream and a lovely person. Always put our needs first.
Greenlaw Guest House
Located 2 minutes’ walk from the train station in the historic Gretna Green, Greenlaw is the largest guest house of the village. The 100-year-old property features rooms with free Wi-Fi, free parking, and easy access to the English Borders, 1 miles away.Each room at Greenlaw Guest House features an private bathroom with free toiletries, a flat-screen TV with Freeview channels, a DVD player, and tea/coffee making facilities.A hearty breakfast, made of locally sourced ingredients, is served daily in the bright dining area and it includes freshly cooked food, continental options, and vegetarian dishes. The guest house retains charming original features, such as an inglenook fireplace in the dining room.Gretna Green’s famous The Old Blacksmiths, established in 1712, is 2 minutes’ walk from the guest house. Carlisle town center is just 10 miles from Greenlaw Guest House. Newcastle Airport is 63 mi from the property.
- The room was lovely and clean. Staff and breakfast were lovely
- Property was immaculate, first class service from Pauline, will be back to stay, highly recommend.
- Perfect nice and peaceful beautiful breakfast nice clean comfortable room definitely going back Perfect host
- The warm welcome and smile from Pauline made us relax and feel very much at home.The room was superb. Kingsize bed. Heating on. Soft towels and bathing products.Breakfast was beautifully cooked and presented served with a smile.Greenlaw where we stayed over on the way home from a holiday in Skye was the perfect end to a perfect holiday. Thank you Pauline .
- A good comfortable bed and a very good night sleep. The shower was hot and was had plenty of room to move about in. The large tv was a plesant surprise and had a few more channels on. The cooked breakfast was very tasty. and
Looking for: Best Hotels in Gretna Green