The Cambridge Hotel
The 19th-century The Cambridge Hotel offers accommodations in the heart of Wellington’s city center, just 3 minutes’ walk from the Courtenay Place entertainment district. It features a bar and a restaurant, which offers $4 eggs on toast for breakfast. Guests receive 60 minutes’ free WiFi per day.The Cambridge Wellington is located only 10 minutes’ walk from the renowned Te Papa Tongarewa Museum. The beautiful Oriental Bay Beach is a 15-minute walk away.The Cambridge offers a range of accommodations options, including mixed dormitory rooms and private guestrooms with private bathrooms. Most rooms come with satellite TV, a refrigerator and tea and coffee making facilities.Facilities at The The Cambridge Hotel include a communal kitchen and a guest lounge with a large plasma-screen TV. The 24-hour front desk can arrange laundry services and luggage storage.The Bistro serves a range of New Zealand favorites for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The bar is the perfect place to enjoy a glass of local beer with friends. There is a free BBQ event on Wednesdays from 18:00.
- Top choice for a visit to the city. Rooms are clean and comfortable, kitchen is clean and functional, staff and guests are pleasant people.
- I really liked the look of the place. It had an incredible English castle look about it. The stairways and carpet etc were great. It was really cozy. Stayed in a room with a shared bathroom and It was fine. It was not a hostel but not a hotel. Very suitable for people in between.
- I love the classic oldfashioned elevator with scissor sliding doors! It gives an authentic feel of class and era. I was pleasantly surprised to find a kitchen/common area because I like to cook my own food, and overnight street parking was easy, right outside the door but it does cost money to park from 8am to 6pm.
- Good location for the price, in either the backpacker or private rooms. The bar meals were delicious, with a guest area adjacent to, but separate from the public bar. The rugby club history on the walls is interesting too.
- A great location in Wellington close to Cuba Street etc. The staff were very friendly and the hotel had an old world charm.
Located in the very center of Wellington, this award-winning hostel features 2 fully equipped kitchens and dining areas and a spacious guest lounge room with TV projection screen and free movie hire. 2GB of free WiFi is available each day for all guests.YHA Wellington City is an easy 2-minute walk from the bars, shops and theaters on Courtenay Place. It is a 4-minute walk from Te Papa Museum and Wellington’s waterfront.There is an espresso bar on site, open each morning for breakfast and coffees. Self-service laundry facilities, bike hire and an internet kiosk are available. There is a supermarket opposite the hostel.Wellington City YHA offers a wide range of backpacker accommodations, from spacious and dormitory rooms to private rooms with queen-size bed and private bathroom. All bed linen is provided. The property has a secure bike storage area with maintenance tools available for use.
- Location, choice of shared, private, en suite accommodations. Clean bed linen and rooms. Friendly staff.
- All good except the heater seems like not too warm
- The hotel is in central place. You can find many restaurants around and the beach.
- Staff was super helpful and friendly. Just loved the whole experience. The room was very clean and tidy. Bathrooms were kept clean for both days that I was there.
- The kitchen was excellent and well equipment. Hair dryers and straighteners in ladies bathroom was a nice surprise. Hostel was spotless with friendly staff. Games, tv and reading room were lovely to relax in.
Lodge in the City
Lodge in the City offers budget accommodations with access to a large shared kitchen. It offers the convenience of a cyber cafe equipped with Skype, plus a games room and laundry facilities.Centrally located, Lodge in the City Wellington is a 10-minute walk from Te Papa Museum and a 13-minute walk from Civic Square. It is a 15-minute drive from Wellington Airport. Parking is available on request basis only and subject to availability due to limited spaces.These simply furnished rooms are heated and offer access to shared bathroom facilities.Guests can arrange sightseeing trips at the tour desk or enjoy a game of pool. The Lodge also has a lounge and dining area with satellite TV and barbecue facilities.
- Super friendly and helpful staff, great location. The hostel may not be the newest or cleanest but its great for the price you pay. Cheapest in the city.
- Fair price straight on the city center of Wellington! The room was small but let say big enough to settle for a night. Toilets and showers cleant, good hot pressure in the shower. Cheap parking only 10/day
- The staff went out of their way to accommodate me at the last minute. Other hostels are not so hospitable.
- The staff was very attentive and willing to help and location was a plus, totally recomended
- Really lovely staff! Great location and good facilities.
Hotel Waterloo & Backpackers
Hotel Waterloo & Backpackers offers budget accommodations in the center of Wellington. It features a 24-hour guest kitchen, self-service laundry facilities and a games room with pool tables. Guests receive unlimited free WiFi.Formerly the historic Hotel Waterloo, which hosted Queen Elizabeth II’s entourage on her 1953 Coronation Tour, the hostel features elegant staircases, high ceilings and a café in the old ballroom.Wellington Railway Station is only 650 feet from Wellington Hotel Waterloo & Backpackers. It is an 8-minute walk to TSB Arena and a 12-minute walk to Westpac Stadium.Private and shared rooms are available. All rooms include heating and bed linen is provided. Each private room has a work desk and cable TV. Secure lockers are provided for all guests.Hotel Waterloo House Bar specializes in fun activities and bar games every evening. 24-hour reception is available and the tour desk can book Interislander ferries, bus tours and trains around the North Island.
- Place was clean and tidy, well above my expectations! Staff were helpful and rooms warm!
- A nice, affordable place in Wellington, right outside the train station. Good, spacious shared kitchen and dining room, friendly guests, pool tables and easy street parking.
- The accommodation facilities were great. Location close to work, the train station,Mac Donlalds New World.
- A beautiful well located building with a very friendly staff !People there were very nice, customers as staff members.
- Clean separate room, quite affordable. The location is the one that was necessary for the trip
Nomads Capital Backpackers – Wellington
One of our best sellers in Wellington! Located in the heart of the city, Nomads Capital Backpackers offers 5-star backpackers accommodations. It is a 5-minute walk from Wellington’s stunning waterfront.There is a range of comfortable accommodations options, including private rooms with an private bathroom, as well as large dormitory rooms. There is a lounge and TV room, a courtyard with BBQ facilities, and a fully equipped communal kitchen.There is an onsite travel agency, which provides information on tours and activities in the Wellington area, and broader New Zealand.Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of Blend Bar, which offers a range of drinks and dining deals, and regular live entertainment.Nomads Capital is a 5-minute walk from Te Papa Museum and Cuba Street. It is also within a 5-minute walk of many theaters and vibrant nightlife. The Westpac stadium is a 20-minute walk away.
- The bed, two pillows, got given a 4 bed dorm ensuite even I believed I booked a normal 6 bed dorm without ensuite.
- Everything else, size of room, shower, bed comfort etc
- Situated rather central in downtown Wellington, its a brisk walk in any direction to various things. Lower Cuba Street and Courtenay Place are a few minutes away, as is the harbour waterfront, and a little further, the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa. At the hostel, some free amenities can help on a tighter budget, and is an interesting way to meet fellow travellers. Each evening a complimentary dinner is available in the adjacent Blend bar, with 5 house drinks if you feel like one. At reception, free instant coffee, tea bags, sugar, and milk, are a nice touch just add your own cup and hot water! The free pancake breakfast offered is a cookityourself CIY? deal though. In the shared hostel room the dual pillows per bed were great, the mattress was mediumfirm too although the bunk frame did squeak!
- Room was basic. Staff was very friendly helpful. Location was perfect
- Perfect center location you can walk everywhere and great spacious clean room with big bathroom. Would definitely go back!
Trek Global Backpackers
One of our best sellers in Wellington! Trek Global features 4 communal guest kitchens and a barbecue area. It is a 10-minute walk from Wellington’s CBD and Wellington Waterfront. Free unlimited WiFi is provided.Guest rooms offer simple interiors and are fully heated. Toilet and bathroom facilities are shared.The property offers mountain bike rentals for guests to explore the area. A self-service laundry service is available.Trek Global is within a 3-minute walk of various local dining options. It is a 15-minute walk from Te Papa Museum and a 15-minute drive from the Wellington Airport.
- Arrived to find my room was next to a very noisy common area staff immediately upgraded me to a smaller room in a quieter area. Thank you. Had a decent nights sleep here.
- Beds very comfortable, great location, friendly staff and cheerful vibe. Good kitchen facilities.
- Was everything youd expect from a private room at a hostel. The place is an easy walk to all the main attractions in Wellington, so its a good location. The facilities are kept up with pretty well and they do have pretty strict security measures with a few locked doors so that only the guests could access the floor.
- great hostel, very central, clean rooms, clean bathrooms, really good wifi, met some new friends there
- They were very organized and really had their system down
The Marion Hostel
Located in the heart of the city of Wellington,The Marion Hostel offers a range of backpacker accommodations and features a rooftop terrace. It is just a 1-minute walk from Cuba Street where you will find a variety of restaurants, cafes and bars. Free high speed unlimited WiFi is offered throughout the property.The property offers a choice of rooms including spacious dormitory rooms and private rooms, including one private room with an en suite. All rooms offer complimentary towels, hairdryer and toiletries. The dormitory rooms include reading lights, USB plugs, privacy curtains and lockers. Linen is provided for all rooms.Guests have access to shared fully equipped kitchens and dining area as well as two spacious guest lounge areas with large TV’s with Netflix. Free tea and coffee is provided 24 hours a day.The Marion Hostel is within a 5-minute walk from Wellington’s vibrant nightlife on Courtney Place and the Te Papa Museum. The nearest airport is Wellington Airport, 5 mi from the property.
- As a package… its affordable for Wellington. Especially for the most resourceful, low maintance and organized travelers. Environment is structured… People are friendly, half are visitors usually.Glad its a solution out there in the marketplace
- Staff were super friendly, so many cool features like free skateboard hire! Beautiful hostel, awesome facilities
- Great central location. Very clean and comfortable
- Comfortable beds with blackout curtains, friendly staff, clean/well equipped kitchen, clean/modern bathrooms. Theres also access to their rooftop and they have guitars/ a piano. The hostel is also very central. Would definitely recommend staying there!!
- Very nice, modern hostel. Smaller than your average hostel so easy to navigate. Location is great and close to central Wellington, very walkable.
Located in the Wellington CBD district of Wellington, Boulcott Hall features rooms with free WiFi. This property is located a short distance from attractions such as Cable Car, Cuba Street, and TSB Bank Arena. The property is a 10-minute walk from Te Papa and 2,950 feet from Botanical Gardens.Each room is spacious and offers a large desk, linen and towels. Free tea/coffee making facilities are available for each guest. There is a communal area with a kitchenette, TV and seating area on each floor as well as large modern shared bathrooms with showers.Beehive Parliament Building is 0.6 mi from the accommodations. The nearest airport is Wellington Airport, 3.7 mi from Boulcott Hall.
- Definitely better than staying at a hostel. Clean and quiet. Towel is provided. Great location.
- Great wifi and location near CDB. Walkable from train station. But dont take the steps your mapper might suggest. Go a bit further and turn right. A steep walk, but you are able to pull wheeled luggage unlike the steps.
- Good WiFi, location, showers. Everything is modern/newish.
- Due to the timing of my stay, I had the entire floor to myself. Community room and laundry were quite convenient. Location of the building lent itself to accessing tourist activities, restaurants, and convenience stores. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Security was convenient and structured.
- Location was excellent. Went out with family for breakfast. Restaurants nearby. Will consider coming back next year. Staff were friendly and helpful.
Offering a tennis court, The Dwellington is less than 5 minutes’ drive from the Bluebridge Ferry Terminal and 10 minutes’ drive from the Interislander Ferry Terminal. Guests can enjoy free ferry drop offs in the morning and free WiFi in public areas.The Dwellington is a 10-minute walk from Wellington Train and Bus Station and a variety of restaurants, cafes and shops. It is a 15-minute walk from Westpac Stadium and Lambton Quay.There is access to a shared kitchen and a dining area. The bathroom facilities are shared and include a shower and a toilet. There is also a movie room with a TV.Free breakfast is served from 7:30 until 10:00 daily and includes coffee, tea, milk, toast, cereal and a selection of spreads.
- The facilities were amazing, we were plesantly surprised. We have not stayed in a backpackers for years. Wont go anywhere else, much nicer than a stark hotel. The re was attention to comfort and cleanliness with a Hinton a trendy Wellington vibe. Noah was so accommodating. Cant fault it.
- We had a perfect experience right from we checked in.The staff are all helpful and friendly.They responded to our requests quickly and patiently.The whole property is tidy and cozy, very well equipped and maintained lounge, dinning room, kitchen, laundry, plenty of bathrooms, tennis court and even a cinema.They provide sufficient food and fruit for breakfast. If you are lucky enough, you may have delicious omelet for free.The location is awesome, too! Within walking distance to Te papa and city central around 30mins. And its also accessible to public trasportation walk for about 8mins to the bus stop.Feeling safe, as the property is next to Chinese consulate and close to American.
- Everything else, the awesome service, ride to ferry, the breakfast, the bed, the vibe. One the best hostels out there, highly recommend.
- Loved the easily accessible and clean shared facilities, the free breakfast is generous and other guests were welcoming and friendly. Staff were always willing to offer a hand and the location of the hostel is excellent for exploring Wellington City as it is close to public transport.
- The staff are fabulous. Very helpful, very friendly, and you can tell they take pride/enjoy their job in upkeeping the hostel. We usually stay in hostels, and always feel like were imposing as long stay staff and guests feel territorial over the common areas however, not at the Dwellington its the best hostel in NZ let alone any hostel Ive ever stayed at. Keep up the great work
Looking for: Best Hotels in Hataitai