Low Head Tourist Park
Located in the Tamar Valley region, Low Head Tourist Park offers accommodations with free Wi-Fi, 3 minutes’ drive from Lagoon Bay and East Beach. Guests enjoy a children’s playground, BBQ facilities and a tour desk.All accommodations features heating and air conditioning and electric blankets and bed linen are provided. Some accommodations offers a kitchenette or fully equipped kitchen.Low Head Holiday Park is 3 minutes’ drive from Pilot’s Bay and 20 minutes’ drive from Hillwood Strawberry Farm. Platypus House & Seahorse World are 25 mi away. The world famous Barnbougle Dunes Golf Course is 37 mi away.Guests are welcome to self-cater or use the shared kitchen facilities. There are dining options available 3 minutes’ drive away in George Town.
- Large cabin well presented. Close to the beach which in our case exposed the cabin to 100kmh winds.
- the room and the bed were as I expected clean and comfortable but nor excessive.we had never been to this part of Tasmania before so we were pleasantly surprised. The site of the room was as I expected.
- Friendly reception. Roomy cabin with beautiful wood walls and tall ceiling. Cabins are sufficiently far apart so you dont hear your neighbors at night. Kitchen and fridge are a good size so we can easily prepare / keep groceries purchased from Woolworths in nearby Georgetown. Easy access to the beach for evening strolls.
- Loved the layout of the park. Cabins were awesome
- Our accommodation was clean, there was a stove and fridge also which was great. The bed was very comfortable and there was an extra blanket if needed but due to a heat pump the extra blanket wasnt needed. Very quiet at night. Well kept grounds.Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will continue to stay there when in the area.
Cockle Shell is located in Low Head, within walking distance to several beaches. Guests have access to free WiFi throughout the property.The 2-bedroom bungalow has a living room with flat-screen TV, fully equipped kitchenette and a bathroom with free toiletries. There is also an outside entertaining area with gas BBQ for your use.Guests have access to great walks including to the lighthouse, lazing on the sand, windsurfing and fishing can be enjoyed nearby.Pilot Bay is 33 feet, away across the road, while East Beach is 350 feet from the property. Launceston is 35 mi from the apartment, while Devonport is 69 mi away. Launceston Airport is 53 mi from the property.
- Great location. Very clean and well appointed. Very comfy bed and Peter was an attentive host. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend Cockle Shell to others.
- Great quite and clean and just over the road to the beach property was very well equiped
- Personable, relaxed hosts. Great locale on golf course, across from beach.
- Location beautiful area. Spent time out, away from home with a couple friends. Peaceful, calming and very relaxed…just what was needed.
- Location was good golf course at back of property.
Set in Low Head in the Tasmania region, The Lodge features a garden. The air-conditioned accommodations is 1.8 mi from East Beach, and guests benefit from complimentary WiFi and private parking available on site.Featuring a Blu-ray player, the villa has a kitchen with a dishwasher, a microwave and a fridge, a living room, a dining area, 2 bedrooms, and 1 bathroom with a shower. A flat-screen TV and DVD player are featured.A terrace is available for guests at the villa to use.The nearest airport is Devonport Airport, 21 mi from The Lodge.
No reviews yet.
Low Head Pilot Station
Offering a restaurant, Low Head PIlot Station is located in Low Head. The accommodations will provide you with a seating area. There is a full kitchen with a microwave and an oven. Private bathrooms also come with a shower. Some rooms have sea view.At Low Head PIlot Station you will find a garden and barbecue facilities. The property offers free parking.
- The location was fantastic the view breathtaking. The home was clean roomy with plenty of space for everyone to be happy allow anyone who wanted to be alone that option to. Great place highly recommend it
- Location and view exceptional, we had wallabies and rabbits even though the weather was not great. Heating was great and everything we needed for a relaxed comfortable stay was there. Stayed in light keepers cottage next to lighthouse, naturally windy and therefore had a bit of interference/crackling if watching tv but view out windows made up for watching tv.
- The location if fantastic. The old building feel has been preserved, but a modern kitchen and bathroom. Simple decoration but suitable for the building and comfy. It was cold and windy outside but the heaters kept the house warm and cosy. It is a place worth visiting for at least one night…
- The accommodation was romantic, cosy, old world yet with modern conveniences, including a beautiful bathtub. Perfect for those looking for something with character and charm. The location is fabulous, nearby the lighthouse, beside the water and the vast grounds afford privacy.
- Great location friendly staff lovely accommodation good roomy accomodation for old historical building
BIG4 Kelso Sands Holiday & Native Wildlife Park
Located in Kelso in the Tasmania region and Greens Beach reachable within 1.5 mi, BIG4 Kelso Sands Holiday & Native Wildlife Park features accommodations with free WiFi, a children’s playground, a seasonal outdoor swimming pool and free private parking.All units feature a living room with a flat-screen TV, a fully equipped kitchen with a dining area, and a private bathroom with shower. A microwave, a stovetop and toaster are also featured, as well as a kettle.A garden, barbecue and a sun terrace are available at the holiday park.The nearest airport is Devonport Airport, 19 mi from BIG4 Kelso Sands Holiday & Native Wildlife Park.
- Location was amazing. Peaceful and not crammed in like sardines.
- compact accommodation with all the necessary tools.
- It was really nice and comfortable cabin. The kids enjoyed their ride on bike and close to the beach. However the place too far from everything.
- Great location with good facilities. Helpful owners.
- First of all my family and I would like to thank Barbara and her staff for the wonderful holiday. We arrived and couldnt have been happier. Our cottage was as describe in the parks description, plus Barbara had left some precisions cooking spray, washing detergent etc to help us with our stay. The cottage was very clean as was the park in general. Lovely pool to swim in.Lots of little paddy melons and possums to see once the sun goes down. Right on the Tamar river which is great for a long walk on low tide, fishing etc. would highly recommend this park to all.
The Grove Cottages
Featuring free WiFi, The Grove Cottages is a holiday home located in George Town. The air-conditioned unit is 31 mi from Launceston. Free private parking is available on site.The kitchen is equipped with an oven, a microwave and a toaster and there is a private bathroom with bath robes and slippers. A flat-screen TV and blu-ray player is available.The Grove Cottages is 62 mi from Devonport.
- Breakfast and location all excellent. Meal availability within easy walking distance and plenty of walks, history available to create interest. An interesting, historic property.
- warm and welcoming, very comfortableWide range of breakfast choices, incl eggs and baconeven cds, games providedclose to river and walks, shops
- Great stay in a Georgian cottage dating from the 1800s. Cozy, charmingly decorated cottage with well stocked kitchen.
- It was really a nice and clean room, beautiful yard, good breakfast choice, and kind hogs we have here! We had pretty good stay and charged here, location also convenient for the penguin tour in low head. Especially the house itself it is a historical building and we really like it! I would recommend here for people who would love to discover the Gorge town, and join the penguin tour to stay for one or two nights. I will also chose here if we come to Tasmania in the future again, and spending more time here! Happy new year and best for all!DO
- Clean and comfortable beds, lovely breakfast provided.
Beachs ‘n Greens
This property features 2 unique styled houses. Guests can enjoy relaxing on the deck or upstairs balcony which offers water views and alfresco dining.With an easy 10 minute walk to a beautiful safe beach, tennis courts, a well-stocked shop and a 9 hole golf course. There are shops, cafes and restaurants located within a 15-minute drive away in Beauty Point or Beaconsfield.Each of the houses offers a fully equipped kitchen and a living area with a sofa, TV and DVD player. All include laundry facilities and a private bathroom with a shower. The kids can have fun playing in the sandpit or cubbyhouse.
- Beautiful house in a beautiful location. Close to Greens Beach, a playground / park, and IGA. Fully equipped kitchen, laundry and bathroom basically everything you need is there.Read some previous reviews about the place being very cold. It was 1 degree the day we stayed, and I was very happy to see a heat pump in the living area and a heater in the bedroom so overall, it was quite cosy even on a cold winter day.
- The cottage was very clean comfortable, thoughtful items in the fridge and pantry, just like going to your own shack to stay, just bring your own food. Shopping in close proximity, excellent beach, friendly locals.
- Everything! It was neat and clean, everything was catered for, its close to the beach.
- The location, handy for the beach and national park and a short drive to Beauty Point, Beaconsfield.
- Great Location, amazing place, so well appointed, comfortable and really lovely.
Tamar Solar Home
Greens Beach Solar Home is located on a private, bush-covered acre overlooking a nature reserve, only a 5 minutes’ walk to the beach, National Park trails and a general store/cafe.This luxurious 2-bedroom house features European-style triple-glazed windows and a large sun-drenched veranda. The view from the veranda is tea tree and Casuarina trees and you can relax with the sound of the ocean in the background and watch the wallabies grazing outside each evening.The property is less than an hours’ drive from Launceston, at the northern end of Tamar Valley, Tasmania’s premier wine growing region.
- Liked the property overall but we thought it was a lot closer to the beach than it actually was.
- Lovely property and land. Quiet and natural back garden with the wallabies was excellent. Location perfect for peace and quiet but close to the beach and coastal trail.
- Looks new. Modern home and well furnished. Owner was thoughtful and provided most essentials. Great that entire home was solar powered. Very comfortable.
- The beds were super comfy and we loved stargazing by firepot in the evening. Such a lovely place to rest, relax and recharge and everything we needed in the fully equipped kitchen. We will definitely be back!
- Great solar home, the bed was great, being of grid was very impressive well done to the owner excellent all round
Comfort Inn The Pier
Built in the 1840s, the refurbished Comfort Inn The Pier Hotel offers a private beach area, a bar and a restaurant. All rooms offer sea views and a flat-screen TV. The hotel is located in George Town, overlooking York Cove. Free on-site parking is provided.The Pier Hotel offers classic nineteenth century architecture and winding black-wood staircases. There is a games room with billiards and the bar offers a range of beer, wine and spirits.Accommodations options include private rooms and self-contained villas. Each offers a dining area, a refrigerator and tea/coffee making facilities. All accommodations has a private bathroom with a shower, hairdryer and toiletries.Comfort Inn is 5 minutes’ walk from shops, cafes and services. It is 15 minutes’ walk from George Town Wild Life Sanctuary. Port Sorell is 75 minutes’ drive away.
- We loved the view, places to walk, close to penguins . It was quiet and restful
- We booked this place last minute as we couldnt find anything closer to Launceston. It turned out to be a better decision to stay here than in the city.The bistro had an extensive menu with nice food and 17 different pizza options!Staff were friendly and helpful.Beautiful waterfront views in a quiet location. The rooms are excellent value for money and the bathrooms are stocked with lots of toiletries. Heating works well and theres a smart tv with YouTube and Netflix.Overall very spacious and comfortable.
- Close to the water beautiful walking trails meals at the hotel are delicious try the steak 10/10 .
- Very good basic accomodation in a hotel.The hotel has a nice dining room serving good quality pub food and excellent pizzas.Breakfast is available a very short walk away in the Main Street .Good sized shower and bathroom with toilet includedQuiet location away from passing traffic helping to get a good nights sleep
- Very clean and comfy. Hop skip and jump to all town facilities.
York Cove Holiday Hotel
Overlooking the Tamar River, York Cove Tamar Valley offers accommodations with a flat-screen TV and DVD player. It features an outdoor swimming pool, a fitness center and a children’s games room. WiFi access is available in the lobby.The air-conditioned rooms and apartments include a spacious seating area, a mini-bar and tea/coffee making facilities. Most accommodations offers a fully equipped kitchen and laundry facilities. Some rooms offer a private balcony with river views.Guests may enjoy food at the on-site restaurant Cove Restaurant & Bar.York Cove Tamar Valley is located in historic George Town, 40 minutes’ drive from Launceston. The Low Head Beaches are just a 10-minute drive away.
- Our room was massive. All facilities were excellent.
- Fantastic staff who went above and beyond. Great food, great view and very relaxing.
- Fantastic Restaurant and Bar. Nice views from apartment. Huge bedrooms/bathrooms.
- Beautiful and so so comfortable We would recommend this property to everyone visiting Georgetown 20/10 for comfort and cleanliness We had the best view of York Cove
- Location was great as we visited the hospital each day so was in a good area very clean and spacious would stay there again if we had to come to area again.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Low Head