La Casa de la Abuela Petra
This restored 19th century farmhouse is set 150 feet from Solarana Town Hall. Surrounded by peaceful countryside, it offers a pretty garden, sun terrace and free breakfast, 40 minutes’ drive from Burgos.Rooms at La Casa de la Abuela Petra feature traditional decor, exposed wooden beams and stone walls. All include free Wi-Fi, central heating and a private bathroom with free toiletries.You can enjoy breakfast in the dining room and a dinner service can be provided on request. There is also a TV lounge with fireplace and board games which leads directly onto the furnished terrace.The Grandes Encinas Hiking Route passes through the village and the property is 6.8 mi from Lerma, and within 16 mi of Santo Domingo de Silos and Covarrubias.The Abuela Petra has free public parking nearby and is 80 minutes’ drive from Palencia.
- The hotel was extremely comfortable and in a great location if you have a dog being in the countryside and surrounded by fields, yet only 10 k from Lerma. The garden is also an added bonus. Breakfast is very good and residents have use of a very nice living/tv room. There is also a bar 100 yards away which serves excellent meals and tapas.
- Very friendly host excellent breakfast and the room
- Rosina is simply lovely and very charming and produces a really excellent breakfast and we much enjoyed the evening meal as well.
- Breakfast was excellent Spanish, with good strong coffee. Very quiet we had an excellent nights sleep. We had an evening meal which was delicious if a little pricey at 18. Parked on the road directly outside the door with no problem whatsoever.
- The village was beautiful, the hotel was very well restored and had excellent facilities. The location at just over 2hrs from Bilbao was perfect for a stopover. The hostess, Rosina was very friendly, spoke good English and made our short stay very pleasant. We also ate an evening meal that was excellent.
Hotel Rural El Zaguán
Offering a traditional bar and local products, El Zaguán is located in Lerma. Set 10 minutes’ walk from Arlanza River, the country house has free Wi-Fi and a terrace with BBQ facilities.Each bright room with wood and stone finishes offers a flat-screen TV and private bathroom with a bathtub. Towels and bed linen are provided. There is a gift shop available for guests.El Zaguán is 5 minutes’ walk from a variety of Castilian restaurants and lively bars. The surrounding nature is ideal for outdoor activities such as hiking.Burgos is 30 minutes’ drive and Palencia is 40 mi away. Valladolid is 62 mi from the property.
A free private parking for motorcycles is available on site.
- Good location for a break heading up to France from Southern Spain. The Breakfast was lovely with homemade hams and home reared eggs. It was very easy to get to.
- Stunning location. Beautiful hotel, very clean and safe which with Covid was very important. Great price. So good we will use again for a stop over.
- Beautifully restored buildingVery quiet when we visited,The owner was really helpful, let us use the kitchen downstairs as no coffee facilities in room, wed brought a travel kettleLadies note no hair dryer.Fab location near the Plaza MayorThe owner speaks no English, but the son us always on the end of a phone, and does!!
- Staff super friendly, cozy feeling, makes you feel at home. Great breakfast.
- The owner didnt charge for the dog and parked my car in his own car park for freeReal gent
La Hacienda de mi Señor
La Hacienda de mi Señor is located in Lerma, just off the A-1 Motorway and 20 minutes’ drive from Burgos. It has a charming lounge housed in the former wine cellar.The rooms at La Hacienda de mi Señor feature free Wi-Fi , a TV and a private bathroom. Some have a sloping ceiling, some offer street views and others overlook the hotel’s back garden.The Hacienda serves a daily buffet breakfast in the colorful, Mexican-style dining room. It includes local meat from Burgos province.The hotel’s garden includes unusual Roman-style arches and a patio. Staff at reception can provide information about what to see and do in the surrounding area.Lerma Golf Course is a 10-minute drive from La Hacienda de mi Señor, and the countryside around the town is great for hiking and horse riding. The medieval town of Covarrubias is just 14 mi away.
- The coffee and variety of items for breakfast were good. Service was prompt. Room was quiet and the bathroom was a good size and clean. The hotel is a posada which means it is in an all stone building within the historic area near Plaza Mayor.
- Everything went well with warm welcomebeautiful roomfantastically helpful service.Nothing was too much trouble in these difficult times.I am a frequent travelleron my next trip to Spain will certainly stay here
- We always are put in the family room, Plenty of space and comfortable. Lovely friendly staff who always give us a bottle of local wine when checking out. Would recommend to anybody.
- Reception was efficient and friendly, our room was large with a sofa and small table and chairs, very clean and tidy. WiFi was good and fast. Bed was very comfortable. The buffet breakfast was excellent, good choice. Overall a great place to stay.
- The rooms are lovely and clean. And the location is perfect!
Posada de Eufrasio
Set in Lerma’s old town, Posada de Eufrasio offers charming rooms with balconies and views of the Arlanza Valley. It features a gym, sauna and an à la carte restaurant.Each spacious room at Posada de Eufrasio has rustic décor with beamed ceilings and wooden furnishings. All rooms have a flat-screen TV, a desk and a private bathroom. Free WiFi is available throughout.Guests can enjoy a continental breakfast in the Eufrasio’s restaurant, which offers local dishes for lunch and dinner. The Posada features a terrace and a lounge area with a fireplace.Burgos is a 35-minute drive from the Eufrasio. Palencia and Valladolid are within 75 mi of the guest house.
- Rustic real Spain very friendly, sorry the restaurant wasnt open but it was a quiet monday in early Feb!The refurbished rooms and ensuites are very good. Its a great location for us too close to the auto route but in an historic interesting locality
- Great place, easy to find and near the main road to Madrid so good location with parking out the front. They were very accommodating and had no issues with the dogs. Definitely will stay there again
- Beautiful Town. The hotel is a boutique hotel and has some quirky items in the communal areas. The room was amazing. So clean which is important in our current Covid situation.
- Extremely comfortable beds with beautiful bed linen.
- Very clean and comfortable. Breakfast good but expensive at 9 per person.
DC Mesones 21
Featuring a restaurant and free WiFi, DC Mesones 21 is located next door from Arco de la Carcel monument and 2 minutes’ walk from Lerma’s Plaza Mayor. There is easy access to the A1 Motorway and Burgos is a 20-minute drive away.Each heated room offers a flat-screen TV, wardrobe and telephone. The private bathroom includes a bath or shower and a hairdryer.Restuarante Docar serves traditional Spanish dishes for lunch and dinner. The hotel also features a bar and packed lunches are available on request.Lerma Golf Course is a 10-minute drive from the hotel. DC Mesones 21 ‘s reception staff can give you tourist information about the surrounding area. Madrid is within 2 hours’ drive of DC Mesones 21. There is free outdoor public parking and private indoor parking at an extra charge nearby.
- Anna her dad and staff are very helpful and welcoming spotlessly clean we have stayed here several times on our way to and from La zenia from Santander or Bilbao ferry ports. Would highly recommend. Lerman is beautiful historical town well worth a visit.
- Very tasty breakfast. Excellent coffee. Extremely good and helpful girl serving us.
- Lovely place to stay, ideal for an overnight stop, on the way to the northern ports, very friendly and helpful staff, very clean, comfy bed , continental breakfast plenty to eat and a beautiful village to wander round. Cant ask for more.
- breakfast and location excellent. street parking in front of hotel, cafeteria very close. helpful staff and very clean/very good shower
- Staff friendliness. Place was spotlessy clean. Decor beautiful. Easy to find. Easy parking in front of hotel. Breakfast was plentiful. Amazing bathroom with a bath! Comfortable bed, warm cosy room. TV. We will be back.
Hotel Rural Princesa Kristina
Located in the center of Covarrubias, Hotel Rural Princesa Kristina offers heated rooms with free WiFi and a flat-screen TV.At the property you will find a shared lounge with a fireplace and nearby there is free public parking.Burgos can be reached in 40 minutes’ drive and Aranda de Duero in 50 mintues.
- Very clean with a central village location and excellent continental breakfast. The streets are very narrow but plenty of free parking a couple of hundred meters away from the BB.
- Charming little hotel in a beautiful rural area. The hosts were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was lovely with plenty of choice and fresh bread daily. Covarrubias is a peaceful town with attractive half timbered very old buildings and pretty little squares.It is very quiet but we had a lovely meal just a couple of minutes walk from the hotel.
- Breakfast was great. The hostal was located in the centre of Covaburrias. The owner was very friemelt. A perfect place to stay for ons of more nights. There was a perfect shed for oud bicycles.
- Hotel acogedor. Situado en el centro histrico. El desayuno fenomenal. La duea muy amable.
- Experiencia magnfica en el Hotel Princesa Kristina. Una habitacin espaciosa y cmoda con todas las prestaciones a punto. La atencin y cercana personal fue excelsa. El desayuno incluido fue de lo mejor de la experiencia.Un placer conocer la comarca alojados en Hotel Princesa Kristina.
Hotel Villa De Lerma
Set in Lerma’s old town, Hotel Villa De Lerma is 10 minutes’ walk from Arlanza River. Offering free WiFi throughout the property, the charming hotel features 3 terraces and a traditional bar.Each bright room with parquet floors offers a TV and private bathroom. Towels and bed linen are provided. The hotel has a shared lounge with a snooker table available for guests.Hotel Villa De Lerma is 5 minutes’ walk from a variety of Castilian restaurants and bars serving local gastronomy. The surrounding nature is ideal for outdoor activities such as hiking.Burgos is 30 minutes’ drive away. Palencia is 50 by car and Valladolid is 1 hours’ drive from the property.
- Ideal place to break the journey from ferries to south of Spain. Friendly staff, decent sized room for 2 dog nice breakfast.Ooops, walked away with room key, must post on Monday…..
- Julia our hostess was super friendly and helpful.The location was perfect right in the old part of town and it was vibrant on a Sunday evening with music and events going on.Easy to find from the motorway.6 extra for secure garage parking was excellent and gave us peace of mindWill definitely stay there again on our journey southBreakfast was just rightVery clean and quiet with good sized room
- All the staff were very, very good, top marks to Julia who does reception, also appears to make sure the rooms are well cared for. Does cooking too
- Very friendly staff. Hotel located in centre of old town. Secure car parking.
- An absolutely beautiful little gem. Staff were excellent and so helpful. Private secure parking was very important to us and was reasonably priced at 7 euros. There was a bar/restaurant which also did breakfast with the most amazing scrambled eggs! Lots of bars nearby. We will definitely be returning as its a great spot for a break on our way to the ferry at either Santander or Bilbao. Loved it
One of our top picks in Lerma. Hostal Docar is located in the center of Lerma. It features a restaurant, classic rooms with balconies and free Wi-Fi.Each room at Hostal Docar has traditional décor with colorful finishes. All rooms have a flat-screen TV and an individual heating system that can be regulated from the room.Burgos and Aranda de Duero can be reached in 30 minutes’ by car. There is free public parking nearby.
- The breakfast was great,as good as some 4 star hotels we have stayed at.The room was tastefully furnished, very clean and comfortable. Would definitely recommend it to others.
- The location was perfect 1 min. From the motorway easy parking and I had a very large van. we eat in the restaurant and the food and service was brilliant and at a good price even with a bottle of wine. The town is gorgeous and spotless and definitely worth a visit, Five stars all round and would definitely go back.
- We arrived from southern Spain to find the Lerma area had become very high with Covid. So all the bars and restaurants had closed down the night before, and there was an early curfew. We therefore had to purchase our food from a supermarket. That said Ana was superb with all the covid cleaning precautions. she took us to out room, which was very cosy and clean. My wife and I had a really good sleep and both commented how comfy the bed was. We had quiet street parking and could see the car from our room. The hotel provided breakfast, which was served to us, and was very good.
- Its a very interesting town we like it there. Love walking around looking at different things. But this year we couldnt do things as the virus has stopped people doing many things. But we are looking forward to our future visits there.
- Location excellent and breakfast was outstanding staff were extremely friendly
Parador de Lerma
Parador de Lerma is a striking 17th-century palace converted into a unique hotel. It has a popular restaurant with a wide range of traditional regional dishes with modern touches. Free Wi-Fi is provided.The Parador de Lerma dominates the charming town of Lerma. Once used by King Felipe III, it has a large central courtyard.The spacious bedrooms in the Parador de Lerma are decorated in a classical style. They have antique furniture and terracotta tiles on the floor. They all have TVs and air conditioning.Set in an original part of the building, the Parador de Lerma’s restaurant has a grand vaulted ceiling and paintings on the walls.The small town of Lerma has kept many buildings from the 16th century. It has a number of good restaurants. Lerma is also ideal for visiting the city of Burgos, which is just 19 mi away. Covarrubias and Santo Domingo del Silos are also both nearby.
- The Parador is an absolute gem which has all modern facilities required yet retains its historic appearance and feel. The breakfast was very good with a wide variety of hot and cold food served to your table in a very covid safe envirinment. Room was very comfortable as was the big bed.
- Fabulous property, very unusual.Staff is simply wonderful.
- Lerma Parador A perfect former Palace…We stayed in what appears to be Spains Covid 19 2nd Wave Pandemic. We determined that if not happy with the Hotels precautions we would not check in. When the Receptionist cleaned the signing in Pen we agreed this was a good indication. And so it proved to be. We had food with us but were happy to eat in the most excellent restaurant.
- Such a unique experience staying in a gorgeous ducal palace overlooking the Spanish countryside. Lerma was an unexpected highlight.
- Historic hotel on main square of small town. Comfortable room with excellent plumbing. Great buffet breakfast.
Hotel Santo Domingo de Silos
Santo Domingo de Silos is set in a cobbled street opposite the Santo Domingo de Silos Monastery. It offers a bar-café and restaurant, 24-hour reception and air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi.All of the rooms at Santo Domingo de Silos have a full bathroom, a TV, a hairdryer and a telephone. Many come with a hot tub and all are heated.The Mudéjar restaurant specializes in grilled meats, including suckling pig, lamb and kid. As well as the café, there are 3 private dining rooms for events and conventions.Santo Domingo de Silos is located in the heart of the province of Burgos, surrounded by green areas. Burgos Airport is 28 mi away.
- location and friendly staff center of a pretty village
- The location was perfect for viewing the abby and church and walking around this ancient town. Our rooms were clean and the shower felt great!
- Uniquely situated, the hotel offered a relaxing overnight break on our journey from southern to northern Spain. We were made to feel very welcome and would highly recommend the restaurant. Our room was very clean and comfortable, parking in the hotels underground garage was convenient, unfortunately rain meant we didnt try out the swimming pool. Overall a very pleasant stay we will return.
- There was nothing I didnt like. The room and bathroom were very spacious and clean and the bed very comfortable
- Dcor LocationSpotless clean Staff was nice and helpful
Looking for: Best Hotels in Solarana