Tembo House Hotel
One of our top picks in Zanzibar City. Offering a pool and restaurant, the historic Tembo House Hotel is located in Zanzibar City, a 3-minute walk from the Old Fort and House of Wonders. Free Wi-Fi access is available.Decorated with wood carved furniture, and offering a Swahili four-poster bed, each room features a seating area with TV, air conditioning and a bathroom with shower and traditional hammam bath. Most of the rooms feature a balcony with sea or pool views.The hotel’s Bahari Restaurant offers local as well international cuisine. Room service is available and packed lunches can be arranged.Other facilities and services include a 24-hour front desk, meeting facilities, a shared lounge, concierge and laundry services.An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including diving and cycling. The property offers free parking.Zanzibar port is a 5-minute drive away and the Zanzibar International Airport is 5 mi from Tembo House Hotel.
- Charming hotel with a lot of history. Excellent and affordable food in the restaurant. Rooftop terrace overlooking the seaside.
- Lovely rooms, staff and a beautiful building.Very central location.
- Absolutely fabtastic choice super location, great apt
- The building itself was very cool. I stayed in the Suite Tembo so my room faced the ocean and the doors opened up to the court yard where the ocean was. Couldnt get any more convenient than that. Staff was fantastic. Breakfast was great. I will stay here when i return.
- The staff charming attitudeThe breakfast buffetThe big bathroom
Spice Palace Hotel
Boasting an outdoor swimming pool and shared lounge, as well as a restaurant, Spice Palace Hotel is located in Stone Town. This 4-star hotel offers a 24-hour front desk, room service and free WiFi. Staff on site can arrange airport transfers.All units in the hotel are equipped with a kettle. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom with free toiletries. All rooms in Spice Palace Hotel are fitted with a flat-screen TV and a hair dryer.A continental breakfast is served daily at the property.The accommodations offers a sun terrace.Kendwa is 29 mi away from the property.
- The breakfast was excellent. The staff is kind. Locations is right in the center, close to all attractions.
- The price was really great for such a posh hotel and such a stellar room. The amenities in the room were excellent. The bedding was lovely and clean, the bathroom fixtures were modern, the AC and hot water all were perfect. The hotel staff were informative and helpful. The hotel is located right near all the Stone Town sites. You cant go wrong staying here.
- The GM and staff were really friendly and my team and I had a wonderful stay.
- The location is perfect to explore Stone town, just in the middle of jaws corner. Nicely designed hotel, room is comfortable, all necessary items are available. Staff is helpful.
- I loved everything, from the very friendly and helpful staff to their really nice and clean rooms. The hotel is centrally placed and close to almost everything. Looking forward to staying here again on my next visit.
Mizingani Seafront Hotel
One of our top picks in Zanzibar City. Mizingani Seafront Hotel is located just a 2-minute walk from the Zanzibar Ferry Terminal. The hotel offers a restaurant, outdoor pool and 24-hour front desk. Free private parking is available on site.The bright, air-conditioned rooms feature Zanzibari décor and feature a private entrance. They come fitted with a seating area, mosquito net draped over the bed, a flat-screen satellite TV and a safe. The private bathroom come with a uniquely designed bathtub or shower.At Mizingani Seafront Hotel the restaurant has an à la carte and buffet menu offering a variety of dishes. Guests can relax on the terrace or unwind in the hamman. Nearby attractions include the House of Wonders and Forodhani Gardens which are 1,150 feet away.Free WiFi is available in public areas and an airport shuttle can be arranged at a surcharge. The Zanzibar International Airport is 5.3 mi away.
- nice swimming pool and well maintained hotel good location to visit Stone town or Night Market good breakfast nice, large and clean room good Wifi in the restaurant and room great staff, you could pay by card no additional change right on the beach, you could find any seller there and agree on trips Prison island, Taxi to nungwi, Blue Safari, …
- I almost cried when I saw my room…so exquisitely beautiful.
- Everything. This place is meticulously restored on the inside and out to when it was brand new and everything worked as it should.
- The room was so beautiful, clean, and very comfy! Love the facilities with a touch of oldworld charm. Returning to Zanzibar we will definitely stay there again. Excellent location walking distance from the ferry terminal and close to nice restaurants.
- Breakfast was great with good views. The centre courtyard and pool are beautiful and so relaxing. I loved the call to prayer from the mosque nearby maybe not everyone would. Bedrooms were nice and clean. Great location. They even let us store our bags there after we came back from another hotel prior to getting our ferry. So kind.
Golden Tulip Zanzibar Resort
One of our top picks in Zanzibar City. Set in Zanzibar Region, 4.3 mi from Stone Town, Golden Tulip Zanzibar Resort features a year-round outdoor pool and free WiFi is available in the rooms.Each room has modern decor, is air conditioned and features a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Certain rooms have a seating area for your convenience. Views of the sea or pool are featured in certain rooms. For your comfort, you will find a mini-bar, coffee machine, slippers, free toiletries and a hairdryer in the room.The Golden Tulip Zanzibar Resort features a restaurant on site. Both buffet-style and a la carte dining options are available. Room service is offered at the property and BBQ facilities are available at a surcharge.There is a 24-hour front desk offering currency exchange and shuttle services. There is a fitness center and gift shop at the property. Free private parking is available on site.Peace Memorial Museum and House of Wonders are 4.3 mi from Golden Tulip Zanzibar Resort. The Zanzibar International Airport is 8.1 mi from the resort and transfers can be arranged at a surcharge.
- The staff was phenomenal! William and Jabil showed supreme customer care.
- Very welcoming..good staff good room and good food and room service
- Loved our stay and the free upgrade.The views were amazing and our child loved the swimming pool most.
- The welcome was wonderful, the staff Is very friendly, the room is spacious and clean, swimming pool is neat and clean
- The room was lovely, spacious, food was good, the pool was lovely esp the view in the evening.. the staff were great.. it was a lovely experience..
Antonio Garden Hotel
One of our best sellers in Zanzibar City! Antonio Garden Hotel features a restaurant, outdoor swimming pool, a bar and garden in Zanzibar City. Featuring a terrace, the 4-star hotel has air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi. The accommodations provides a 24-hour front desk, room service and currency exchange for guests.At the hotel, every room has a wardrobe. At Antonio Garden Hotel every room is equipped with a desk, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom.A continental breakfast is available daily at the accommodations.Popular points of interest near Antonio Garden Hotel include Peace Memorial Museum, The Zanzibar Curio shop and Hamamni Persian Baths. The nearest airport is Abeid Amani Karume International, 4.3 mi from the hotel, and the property offers a paid airport shuttle service.
- Perfect location Very comfortable fairly clean rooms with kitchenette Beautiful garden and pleasant pool The receptionist is quite polite, kind and helpful Walking distance to the best place to dine Lukmaan Walking distance to Mercurys house, all sightseeing, and the market
- Great locationClean and comfortableGood service overall
- Room was clean and spacious. Ordering room service was easy.
- The hospitality, the location, room space, house keeping and the balcony
- This hotel is amazing with its excellent location within stone town. The hotel is very clean and tidy with lush green garden all around the premises. The breakfast was excellent aswel. The customer service is top notch! Will definately come back whenever we visit Zanzibar again. Special thanks to Mr. Mehil at the reception who advised us on our excursions in Zanzibar. He was very warm and helpful. Thanks once again for making our trip a memorable one
DoubleTree By Hilton Zanzibar – Stone Town
DoubleTree By Hilton Zanzibar – Stone Town is located within 4.3 miles from the Zanzibar International Airport. This refurbished, historical hotel features rich and warm décor in a traditional Zanzibari-style and features hand-carved furnishings.The classic rooms offer free WiFi and come complete with air conditioning, a flat-screen satellite TV and a laptop-sized safe. The modern bathroom has a shower, hairdryer and bathrobes. Extras include a small refrigerator and tea-and-coffee-making facilities.At DoubleTree By Hilton Zanzibar – Stone Town breakfast is served and the à la carte restaurant offers guests a romantic atmosphere for dining. There is a tour desk, business center and babysitting services available.Stone Town’s historical attractions such as the Sultan’s Palace, House of Wonders and Old Fort of Zanzibar are 1.6 mi away.
- Excellent breakfast, nice location in Stonetown, comfortable room, excellent air conditioning.
- Food in the restaurant is marvelous. Masterpieces! Kudos to the chef
- Location in old town, near the sea. Nice breakfast, authentic building.
- The Doubletree is delightful in every way. Its comfortable, well appointed and the staff cant do enough for you. Their rooftop restaurant,Taarab, and bar is exceptional. Its exceptional because of their chef Alex. Chef Alex is an artist in every sense of the word. He expresses his heart through his love of food. Not only is everything prepared lovingly and with grace, but the presentation is a feast for the eyes.Highly recommend!
- The location, the rooftop, and very, very nice staff, all professional and ready to help. Thank you for the hospitality!
Dhow Palace Hotel
Centrally located in Zanzibar’s Stone Town, Dhow Palace Hotel is set in a historical building from 1559. It features a swimming pool, restaurant and roof-top terrace with panoramic views.Each spacious room comes with air conditioning and Zanzibari-style furniture and décor. The rooms also include satellite TV and an electric kettle. The private bathrooms are equipped with a hairdryer.Guests can relax by the swimming pool or on the roof-top terrace. The restaurant serves a variety of local Zanzibari and international cuisine. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel.Dhow Palace Hotel is located just 1,000 feet from Stone Town Beach and 1,650 feet from the House of Wonders. The Ferry Port is 0.6 mi away and Zanzibar Airport is 3.1 mi from the hotel.
- Everyone who works here is exceptionally friendly and helpful. The location is also fantastic. I also appreciated the air conditioning.
- Everybody was so friendly and helpful and willing to make my stay as enjoyable as possible. The staff was the kindest of any Ive come across in Zanzibar. I loved my room, the history of the building, the plentiful breakfasts. You know, I heard a bit of complaining by guests over the food and I just didnt understand that. These people work tirelessly to please us, displaying such kindness and patience. The food was great! It might serve us well to remember that we are guests in their home and in their country. I also really liked the location, a little bit removed from the busier, more hectic streets and just across from the sunset view restaurants. I enjoyed everything about my stay.
- The staff was very welcoming and nice.the fresh fruits every morning were also great!
- Location amazing, within 5 minutes in heart of Stone Town. Authentic building style, comfortable rooms, open air bathroom
- This hotel is one of my favourites. The breakfast is excellent and changes every morning. Staff go ABOVE AND BEYOND to help you! The rooms are also BEAUTIFUL. I was travelling with my mother and they did their best to look after her when she wasnt feeling well.
Forodhani Park Hotel
Offering a rooftop terrace with outdoor pool and cafe, Forodhani Park Hotel in Stown Town is conveniently located at the Old Fort and just across the road from Forodhani Gardens.Rooms at Forodhani Park Hotel are equipped with air conditioning, ceiling fan, flat-screen TV and private bathroom. Most of the rooms have a balcony facing the Old Fort.The hotel has a 24-hour front desk, a shared lounge and a tour desk. The hotel offers luggage storage and laundry services. Free WiFi is available.House of Wonders is a 2 minutes’ walk away and the Zanzibar Ferry Terminal is located 1,950 feet from the hotel.
- Comforter rooms, good air conditioning, super friendly staff, good food. Stellar location for tours and shopping. Staff are helpful to arrange taxis and tours.
- Very clean and spacious room, staff were very helpful, Food was very good
- We liked the excellent location if you want to visit Stone Town and enjoy the atmosphere of the city
- I love how much space the rooms have. Very clean. Staff are Great. Beautiful bathrooms and comfortable beds. Close to everthing Will definitely stay here again
- They have beautiful furniture, helpful staff, and they are right near the beach and ferry.
Offering a restaurant, the historical Kisiwa House is located in the heart of historical Stone Town in Zanzibar. Free Wi-Fi access is available.As one of the oldest buildings in Stown Town, Kisiwa House combines historical elements with fresh and modern design. Decorated in Swahili style, the spacious rooms offer plush interiors and are fitted with a flat-screen TV, air conditioning and a mini-bar. Featuring a spa bath, private bathrooms also offer hairdryers, bathrobes and free toiletries.Panoramic views of Stone Town and the Indian Ocean can be enjoyed from the roof-top restaurant, which offers local and international cuisine.Guests at Kisiwa House can relax in the garden or unwind in the courtyard lounge by the fountain. The property is within walking distance to museums, antique shops and famous landmarks.Zanzibar International Airport is a 10 minute drive from Kisiwa House. Airport Shuttles can be arranged at an additional surcharge.
- Good breakfast with a nice view.The rooms are very spacious and with AC.
- We stayed in a Suite and really enjoyed the space. Loved how authentic the hotel was, every corner was beautifully furnished in traditional style this was our first time in Africa, and we really did feel like we were getting the authentic experience we were after. The breakfast was fresh, the staff were always smiley, and all the places we wanted to visit / see were maximum 57 mins walk away. Id really recommend Kisiwa House.
- The cleanliness and timeliness of the staff is so commendable. Everyone was so kind and so helpful. As a solo traveler I needed my peace and DND and all that was provided for me. I will definitely be going back.
- Beautiful historical house with a lot of charm and pretty architectural details. Loved the lounge area as well as the common spaces on each floor, the rooftop for breakfast was also very pretty with a nice view. Staff was kind and pleasant, the night guard helped us a lot. Room was pretty and well equipped. Location is stellar! Breakfast was good!
- The hotel is very beautiful, the bed is one of the best I have ever tried and the staff were really attentive. We had a great experience!
Jafferji House & Spa
One of our best sellers in Zanzibar City! Jafferji House is a boutique hotel located in the heart of the historical Stone Town. Old Fort and the House of Wonders can both be reached within 650 feet of the property.Each air-conditioned room comes equipped with a flat-screen satellite TV and tea-and-coffee-making facilities. The private bathrooms include free toiletries.Free Wi-Fi is available. Zanzibar Airport is 4.4 mi away and the town of Zanzibar is an 8-minute drive away.
- My favorite hotel in Stone town Im a return guest for 8 years.
- Excellent breakfast, huge clean rooms, great location and friendly staff.
- Loved everything! My room, the helpful staff, the location and the value for money. The decor and view was also stunningly beautiful and I loved the fact that the hotel supplied local made toiletries by Inaya Zanzibar. I couldve stayed a week, it was a piece of Zanzibar heaven. Definitely will be back.
- The design and old feeling of the wood with the plants. The ambiance was great.
- Booked this room from my iPhone at the airport in Dar Es Salaam… what an incredible surprise…prob one of the top ten accommodations Ive stayed at in my life and I travel a lot. Palatial.Restaurant and bar on the roof with great views…location center of the Zanzibar action.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Zanzibar City